Procedure for admission to Nursing Courses affiliated to the Baba Farid University Of Health Sciences, Faridkot, Punjab(INDIA)
Eligibility for BSc Nursing :
- Candidate should have obtained certificate in General Nursing and Midwifery from an institution recognized by the Punjab Nursing Registration Council, Indian Nursing Council and situated in the state of Punjab.
- Candidate should be registered as Registered Nurse & Registered Midwife (RNRM) with the Punjab Nursing Registration Council, the candidate shall have passed the Higher Secondary of Senior Secondary or Intermediate or 10+2 or an equivalent examination recognized by the University for this purpose. Those who have done 10+1 in or before 1986, will be eligible for admission. A male nurse, trained before the implementation of new integrated course besides being registered as trained nurse with State Nurses Registration Council, shall produce evidence of having been trained in any one of the following requisite training approved by Indian Nursing Council for a similar duration in lieu of Midwifery, O.T. Technique Ophthalmic Nursing. Leprosy Training, T.B. Training, Psychiatric Nursing. Neurological & Neuro-Surgical Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Orthopaedics Nursing
- Age - The candidate must have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December of the corresponding year.
- The candidate should be bonafide resident of Punjab. The Resident status of the Punjab State will be taken in terms of Punjab Government, Department of Personnel and Administrative Reforms (PP II Branch) letter No. 1/3/95-3 PP-11/9619 dated 6th June, 1996, ID No.1/2/96-3PP-2/8976, dated 7th July, 1998 and ID No. 1/3/95-3PP 11/81 dated 1st January, 1999 and further instructions issued by the Department except as contained in clause 2.1 and 2.2 ibid.
In the first instance admission to the institutions having permission of affiliation from all the statutory bodies, i.e., Punjab nurses registration council (PNRC)? Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot(BFUHS) and Indian Nursing Council (INC), shall be finalized purely on merit and in Transparent manner. The institutions which secure these permissions up to 30th September of the corresponding year, shall also be considered.
FEE REQUIREDWITH ONLINE APPLICATION FORM:
Rs. 3000/- for General Category(RS. 1500/- for SC category only) along with GST be deposited in university account through payment gateway available on university website( www.bfuhs.ac.in) by due date and time. Fee once deposited in University account will not be refunded / adjusted.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS AND PROCEDURE TO FILL ONLINE ADMISSION APPLICATION FORM FOR ADMISSION TO B.SC. NURSING COURSE UNDER PPMET-2021.
- Before applying, candidate should carefully read PROSPECTUS https://bfuhs.ac.in/nursing20online/Prospectus.pdf for eligibility conditions and other important instructions.
- Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate. Submitting more than one application by a candidate is liable to be rejected.
- Candidate ensures that he/she has completed the age of 17 years on or before 31st December, 2021.
- After filling online application, candidate should have to deposit requisite fee in the University account through online payment gateway by stipulated period. Fee shall not be accepted in any other mode i.e. cash, Cheque, Demand Draft etc.
- After filling online application form by candidate, University will issue a Unique Registration Id. Registration id (i.e. Login Id) and password will be provided to the candidate at his/her registered Mobile Number through SMS and email.
- Admit card will be issued against those Registration Id's, against which Registration Id application fee has been remitted within a stipulated date and time.
- Candidate should have to apply online by due date. After this online application form will not be available at the University website and no request will be entertained in this regard.
- Fee should be deposited by specified date/time. Fee once deposited will not be refunded/adjusted in any case.
- Date should be filled in the format of dd/mm/yyyy i.e. date/month/year.
- Registration No and Password is mandatory for further process, so keep it secret and don’t disclose to any unknown person.
- You have to login to upload Photograph, Edit Application, Application Status and to change your password options.
- How to upload Photograph, Signature, Left Thumb Impression: You have to login by entering your Registration No and Password. The size of photograph, Signature, Left hand Thumb impression should not be more than 25KB respectively. Candidate may use third party software i.e. http://www.shrinkpictures.com to resize their photograph, Signature, Left hand thumb impression before uploading.
- Lock your Application: To get printout of your online application form you have to lock your application. Once you lock your application you will not be able to edit your application data, so be ensured that you have entered correct data particularly check your Name, date of Birth, categories etc. before locking the application form.
- All application forms will be locked automatically, after the cutoff date. Once Application form is locked, it can’t be unlocked by applicant.
- Candidates are advised to always Log out your application form when you are leaving the computer.
Note: Please fill your valid mobile no. and email address to receive information regarding your application form time to time in the form of SMS and Email. You will also receive your Registration no. and Password on your given mobile no and Email address.
Eligibility for MSc Nursing:
- Candidate should have obtained certificate in BSc (Nursing)/ BSc (Post Basic Nursing) from an institution recognized by the Punjab Nursing Registration Council/Indian Nursing Council and situated in the state of Punjab.
- The candidate should have passed B.Sc. Nursing/B.Sc. Post Basic Nursing with minimum 55% marks from Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot or equivalent examination with requisite percentage of marks as prescribed, recognized by Indian Nursing Council, from a recognized University. In case candidate passed qualifying examination from IGNOU, New Delhi, study center must be recognized by the Indian Nursing Council (INC), New Delhi
- Should have at least one year of work experience at the time of joining of the course in Bed Side Nursing or Public Health Nursing or Nursing Educational Institute recognized by Indian Nursing Council (INC) after Basic B.Sc. Nursing or before/after Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- The candidate should be bona fide resident of Punjab. The Resident status of the Punjab State will be taken in terms of Punjab Government, Department of Personnel and Administrative Reforms (PP II Branch) letter No. 1/3/95-3 PP- II/9619 dated 6th June, 1996, ID No.1/2/96-3PP-2/8976, dated 7th July, 1998 and ID No. letter No.1/3/95-3PP 11/81 dated 1st January 1999.
Note:-In the first instance admission to the institutions having permission of affiliation from all the Statutory bodies, i.e., Punjab Nurses Registration Council(PNRC)/Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot (BFUHS) and Indian Nursing Council (INC), shall be finalized purely on merit and in transparent manner. The institutions which secure these permissions up to 30th September of the corresponding year, shall also be considered.
- Children/ wards/dependents (whose parents are not alive) of all those regular Punjab Government employees, members of All India Service born on Punjab cadre. Serving Judges and the employees of the Punjab and Haryana High Court, employees of Board/Corporations/Statutory Bodies established by an Act of the State of Punjab who have holding post outside Punjab on or before 1st January of the year of entrance test, that is on or before 1st January of the year of admission and their children/wards/dependents were compelled to do BSc (NURSING)/ BSc (POST BASIC NURSING)outside Punjab.
- Children/wards/dependents (whose parents are not alive) of all those regular Central Government employees, employees of Board/Corporations/Statutory Bodies of the Central Government who have remained posted inside Punjab for at least two years out the three years preceding the year of admission but were posted outside Punjab for some time during these three years due to which Children/wards/dependents were compelled to do B.SC (NURSING)/ B.SC (POST BASIC NURSING) or equivalent qualifying examination from outside Punjab. However, those who remained posted in Punjab continuously for these three years shall not be entitled to be exempted as they are equally placed with other Punjab Government employees posted in Punjab
- Children/wards/dependents (whose parents are not alive) of all those Punjab Government pensioners who have retired on or before 1st January of year of admission and have settled outside Punjab on or before 1st January and their children/wards/dependents were compelled to do B. SC (NURSING)/ B.SC (POST BASIC NURSING) outside Punjab
- Children/wards/dependents (whose parents are not alive) of those military/para military forces personnel who born in the territory of Punjab as per their service record at the time of entry into service.
- Children/wards/dependents (whose parents are not alive) of those Ex- employees of military/para military forces personnel who were born in the territory of Punjab as per their service record at the time of entry into the service and have retired on or after 1st January of the year preceding two years of the year of admission
- Candidate who competing for the minority quota in the minority institutions respectively.
- Candidate seeking admission under Foreign Indian Student (NRI) category.
- Candidates under J & K migrant category.
- Wards of defense personnel posted in Punjab.
- The dependency certificate in case of those candidates whose parents are not alive, shall have also to be taken from the Deputy Commissioner of the District where the candidate resides.
PROCEDURE OF ONLINE COUNSELLING AND JOINING AT THE COLLEGES:
Counselling for admission to B.Sc. Nursing Course, session 2021 will be conducted online. The candidates will submit online choices / preferences of Colleges, category etc. through university website (www.bfuhs.ac.in).
The Seats will be allocated as per the PPMET-2020 merit / eligibility criteria as mentioned in the Punjab Government notification in order of preferences given by the candidate, therefore, candidates are advised to submit preferences / choices carefully.
After provisional allocation of seat, candidates can download provisional allocation letter from the University website after login to their account and report to the respective allotted college along with all original documents for the checking of documents and their eligibility. Merely, issuing of Provisional allotment letter does not confer any right to claim the allocated seat as their provisional allotment is subject to verification of documents and checking of eligibility as per terms and conditions of Punjab Govt. Notification/Prospectus.
If any candidate will not report for joining to the respective college up to stipulated period or will not pay the requisite counselling/tuition fee etc. or found ineligible as per Punjab Government notification at any stage, his/her allocated seat will be cancelled automatically without any intimation and his/her seat shall be declared as vacant for the subsequent round of counseling.
If candidate is satisfied with seat allocated to him/her during online counselling, he/she is not required to participate in the subsequent rounds of counselling. In case, candidate wishes/intends to upgrade/change his/her seat/category then he/she will have to participate in the subsequent round of counselling by submitting preferences/choices afresh for the course/college/category/quota.
If any candidate wants to surrender/quit the course/seat, he/she will have to submit the written request to the Principal of respective college for surrender of seat before the university will declare the vacant seats for subsequent round of counselling so that resultant vacated seat can be added in the vacancy position of seats.
In case candidate is shifted /upgraded his seat in the subsequent round of counselling then there is no need to deposit tuition fee again but he/she has to deposit the difference in fee (if any).
It is pertinent to mention here that during the 2nd round of online counseling, the candidates can fill the choices of colleges/category/quota as per their choice although which are not reflecting in the vacancy position of seats because during 2nd online counseling any candidate can upgrade/shift seat as per his/her choice by vacating the already occupied seat of 1st counseling. This is also made clear that some seats of reserve categories, NRI Quota seats, etc., may remain vacant after exhausting all candidates of respective category/quota, therefore, any seat of any college may be vacant in 2nd round due to shifting/conversion of seats. Hence, it is not mandatory to fill only those choices/preference which are reflected in the vacancy position of seats. So candidates are advised to fill the preference/choices of college/category as per their choice.
The seats will be allocated as per availability of seats as per merit cum preference/choice submitted by the candidate.
Eligibility for Punjab GNM Course
It is compulsory that each applicant should satisfy the eligibility conditions prescribed by the university officials. Candidates can refer to the below-mentioned points, for checking whether they are eligible for the Punjab GNM Nursing Admission or not.
- The candidate should be a minimum of 17 years of age and a maximum of 35 years of age as of 31st December of the admission year.
- There is no age bar for ANM.
- The required minimum education is 10+2 classes passed.
- The authorities give the first preference to Science (PCB) + English students.
- The course requires a minimum aggregate of 40% marks.
- And up to matric (10th), Punjabi is compulsory.
- The other students who are not from Punjab need to pass out from the recognized Board under PSEB/ CBSE/ ICSE or other equivalent Board with 40% marks.
Other Requirements for Punjab GNM
- The candidate should be medically fit.
- The candidate should be a resident of Punjab and should produce their resident certificate at the time of the counselling venue.
- Instructions about the Resident certificate are available on the University website.
- There is a 5% differently disabled reservation. It shall be as per the provision of the Right of Persons with Disability Act, 2016.
- The candidate has to produce a disability certificate from a competent authority, if applicable.
- A Committee is formed consisting of the medical officer authorized by the medical board of state government. There is also a nursing expert in the panel.
- Only the merit list students can participate in counselling.
- Admission is given on the basis of merit (marks secured by the candidate in the 10+2 examination).
- The Reservations of seats for SC/ ST, OBC, and others are as per Punjab Government Reservations policy.